Managing Director and a member of the Board of Directors for Black Rhino Group Mimi Alemayehou and Chief Executive Officer of the Ecobank Group, Albert Essien have been announced as members of board of directors of FinDev Canada.
The Development Finance Institute Canada Inc., operating under the FinDev Canada brand, is a Canadian institution dedicated to providing financial services to the private sector in developing countries with the aim of combating poverty through economic growth by focusing on three main themes: economic development through job creation, women economic empowerment, and climate change mitigation.
The Development Finance Institute Canada Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Export Development Canada (EDC).
Speaking of the new appointment, Paul Lamontagne, Managing Director of FinDev Canada said:
“Our Board will help support FinDev Canada’s passion for building a dynamic and innovative development finance institution that will drive impact, especially for women. In fact, we have placed the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goal 5 – Gender Equality – at the center of what we do.”
Board appointees include the addition of four independent Board Members as noted (**) in the list below.
Member of the Board of Directors :
- Mairead Lavery, Board Chair, Ottawa, Ontario
- Mimi Alemayehou, Dakar, Senegal**
- Pierre Boivin, Sainte-Foy, Quebec
- Albert Essien, Accra, Ghana**
- Anne Gaboury, Quebec, Quebec**
- Karna Gupta, Oakville, Ontario
- Paul Lamontagne, Managing Director, Montreal, Quebec
- Elliot Lifson, Montreal, Quebec
- Karen MacWilliam, Wolfville, Nova Scotia
- Andrea Stairs Krishnappa, Toronto, Ontario
- Jeffrey Steiner, Toronto, Ontario**.
Find out more about FinDev Canada here.